Saturday, February 8, 2014

Please Enjoy Your Blog Reading Experience By Using Your BACK Button

I am being controlled by an alien. I am being controlled by an alien and it's making me sick. I mean it, physically sick. I'm thinking doctor's-note-sick. I'm thinking crazy. (Does Gnarls Barkely rock, or what?)

I am so controlled, I'm not blogging, walking, or engaging in any activities I formerly enjoyed. That's the kind of thing they ask you in the depression tests.

One of the activities from which I previously derived enjoyment was making fun of the alien and others like it. On the weekends, I forgot about the alien. But it's all over now. (I love the Rolling Stones but couldn't stand to pass up the Valentinos.)

At first, I guess because I was previously so unfamiliar with the feeling of hating weekdays, I thought the quality of my weekends had improved and that was what was making Mondays so much more difficult. But now I realize that I had it backwards. The week days had so slowly and steadily become so much more difficult and painful, I was starting to think even those weekends which were boring and uneventful, were thrilling and wonderful. I hate Mondays.

I am so surprised the alien was able to do this but I shouldn't be. Although it took me a while, and at first I thought the alien was good, I figured out a while ago the alien is devious and mean-spirited. It's commited to complete control and it has triumphed (wow, that one is annoying, huh?).

The alien makes me so tired. Because of the alien, I have become obsessed with words like desultory and whether I am pronouncing it correctly. That's because according to the alien, I pretty much do everything wrong. That's okay though, it seems like so does everyone else.

Could the alien be myself? No, no the alien could not be myself because I am not a cow.

8 comments:

SMC said...

Hmmmmmm... I was wondering where you went. You are over yonder, in that field.... grazing. How, now, brown cow?

JAF said...

Wow, did you have enough patience to get through that one? You are truly a good friend AND a real gem....and there's more! MOOOO BLEEEP BEEP

SMC said...

We still need to get together... I need to know How the Jenn Turns. Whatever became of your big decision?

Michael Hawes said...

Wow! That was interesting. Do things turn into clickable links on my blog that lead you to You Tube and all sorts of weird music?

RC said...

Oh my Jenn, I read this but I think I know what you mean but I also am afraid maybe I'm very confused and missing something?

JAF said...

MH - yes, you can do links to You Tube -- use that little chain link symbol when you're in your blog post box.

RC - You got it. I am so out of here. When's dinner?

JAF said...

wait, MH - should I actually have said, "no, no your things do not turn into clickable links on your blog because you are not controlled by an alien."

Unknown said...

Did the man from Mars get done eating cars? Then less cars means less deer hunting with cars. Cuz there will be less cars my Dear.