Thursday, February 12, 2009

Am I Missing Something Big Here?

Being one of the most important people I know, I receive sometimes close to hundreds of e-mails in a day. The weird thing is that most of them have to do with pharmaceutical drugs that aren't necessarily appropriate for women.


(This is a picture from our trip out west -- I'm cleaning up my e-mails along with some old photos on my laptop.)


The subject line of these e-mails usually reads something like, "Hi, Keep Her Satisfied All Night Long."

Not really, mostly, something like this:

"Hi, keeepe her satesfyd night all along."

It's obvious these people certainly weren't up studying the English language all night long, that's for sure.

I don't know why I keep getting these things. Is my name on a big long list somewhere?

Who is "Her" and who are these people sending these e-mails saying "Hi" like they know me?



(Here is a picture I found of the Space Needle when we went to Seattle a couple of years ago.)


The one that popped up today was from GOLDINAANTHONY and was entitled "Havee a lifee-loong holdiay with..."

I would ask who responds to these e-mails but I'm not sure I really want to know the answers to any of these hard questions.

Obviously, however, someone must be responding to them because when I open my e-mail, I am never let down. There they all are, coming on strong.

Satisfying all night; spamming all day.

In general, I believe that resorting to talking about matters of such delicate nature for the sake of comedic value is lame. So, don't get me wrong. I am totally, completely, serious.

People need all kinds of medicine to help them sleep, control their cholesterol, perk them up, whatever.

I just wonder why people wood take advice from an e-mail and then wood purchase a remedy over the internet. What happened to using the telephone?

Someone has to be buying into this stuff because they make it into such a big deal.

I'm so tired of it though. I feel like if I added up all the time it takes me to delete these things, it would be like, four hours. And I think after four hours, it's concerning and could be an indication of a greater problem.


(This is a recent photo of the Washington Monument. I think photos like this are kind of dumb considering you can just get a
post card but someone insisted on taking it.)


Somehow, I just know that talking about this issue is going to make it worse, though. I think men would say that.

It's enough to drive a person to drink.
(That was funny...like I need something to DRIVE me to drink.)

The Y Chromosome Who Lives In My House says that he doesn't know anything about this stuff and anyway, he's signed a confidentiality clause. What?

Am I missing something big here?

There are plenty of other products on the market I might be interested in.

For example, where would I find one of these? It's a really cool light fixture with plastic goldfish bouncing around inside (or swimming upstream, I guess) and it changes colors. I never get any e-mails about these.

Now click here.


8 comments:

SMC said...

I have stopped wondering why they think I would be interested in enlarging anything on my body and now am in awe of their prowess at getting past the spam filters by saying the same thing differently.... every day, even every hour. They put a LOT of thought into this.

I think I may have that same bad photo of the Washington Monument in an album somewhere.

Roberto said...

I think I was getting the big picture about your post but I lost my internet connection when my train went into that tunnel. However, I am so impressed, I plan to erect a statue in your honor.

Roberto said...

Did I tell you I'm your biggest fan?

Michael Hawes said...

Who is that guy? Isn't he a has been? You would think that working for a pseudo government agency that we would have a tough firewall but I get those same adds and let me tell you those products really work! My life has certainly been enhanced for the better. HA

Michael Hawes said...

Of course I meant to say ads. What were you going to e-mail me Jen? hawes@noao.edu

JAF said...

I think this might have been too subtle. It appears that people aren't getting the true thrust of the point.

SMC said...

Ahhhhhh... the phallic imagery...we were suppose to comment on that? And the "Thrust" of your argument? Apparently you are missing something big.

kissydugan@mac.com said...

HIGH-larious! Loved the spamming all day... and the mispellings. AND the random photos. By far my fav!