Saturday, December 13, 2008

Salmonella SCHMALMONELLA, This Is The Greatest Egg Nog In The World

We went to Catholic schools and at Christmas my mother would make this for the nuns and priests. It's funny to think of myself at the age of 13 walking into the principal's office with a jug full of this stuff and plunking it down on the counter. Our principal was Sister Roseanne and I still feel guilty that I never told my mom how much she wanted the recipe.

P.S. Don't even read this recipe and think about driving.

6 Eggs
3/4 Cup of Sugar
1 Pint Cream
1 Pint Milk
1 Ounce Jamaican Rum
1 Pint Whiskey

Beat separately yolks and whites of eggs. Add 1/2 cup of sugar to yolks while beating. Add 1/4 cup sugar to whites after they have been beaten very stiff. Mix egg whites with yolks. Stir in cream and milk. Add the pint of whiskey and the rum. Stir thoroughly. Serve very cold with grated nutmeg. Makes a total of 5 pints. Each serving approximately 692,435 calories, 385 grams fat.

Warning: The consumption of raw or undercooked eggs could be hazardous to your health.

I'm drinking this anyway but you could also try cooking it if you're that worried.

6 comments:

SMC said...

That sounds like my mothers egg nog recipe! She would make it Thanksgiving Weekend to let it ripen and we would drink it right up to New Years. And I am still here to tell about it!

JAF said...

Hey, you know, I wonder whose recipe this really is...the other day I realized I was going to slap up a rum cake recipe when really 1) it belonged to Bicardi so it was probably kind of illegal, and 2) I didn't have to type it all in....

Unknown said...

I LOVE EGG NOG! I often wonder how we all became adults with all the lethal things we ate and dank. remember the wooden cutting boards we used for everything, including raw chicken. I guess we LIVED and learned.

JAF said...

As it turns out, wooden cutting boards are safer. I still get ticked when I think about one that I had that was secretly thrown out by a roommate. And I love egg nog too -- and raw cookie dough -- both of which I can feel just racing through my arteries.

toymechanic said...

well the obvious answer is use more alcohol, and maybe pasteurized eggs.

The eggs you have to look for at the grocery store, the alcohol shouldn't be a problem

JAF said...

Wait - toymechanic - are you telling me that all this time I could have been eating raw batter if I had just used pasteurized eggs? This is great news and I'm getting out my spoon now!