Wednesday, June 17, 2009

COMCAST TRULY CAN PROVIDE TEACHING MOMENTS

I read the Mimi Smartypants blog. She's an editor or something. I'm not really sure what she does but I am sure of what she is. She is hilarious. In one post she writes about the back of a Wheat Thins box and points out that although someone bothered to use a semi colon correctly, they didn't end the sentence with a period.

I thought that was funny and I appreciated the observation. For some reason, finding something like that sends a charge of triumph through me. She might not be that petty but I am.

You can imagine, therefore, how it felt the other day when the guy from Comcast handed me a High-Speed Internet Self-Install Kit and I looked down at the box.

I've provided you with another, larger view. Click on it if you need to (just remember to use the back button and not the X to close it).

See anything strange about it?

How about Comcast's new way of spelling the word "seperately?"

Immediately, a Google search response flashed before my eyes:

Did you mean: separately

Lately Comcast is getting a lot of exposure for using Twitter. I think it's premature. They haven't even started using Spell Check.

I've also heard Comcast is winning awards for customer service (hard to believe), but I'll tell you what: they won't be winning any spelling bees. Ironically, over the last few years Comcast has started sponsoring spelling bees. That's okay, as long as they don't participate in them, but I was thinking maybe they should consider recruiting a few of the winners. Check it out here and here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JAF, the box says self-install.. did u call the guy because he was CUTE?! xo